Эпизоды • 18+ • Смешанный мастеринг • Расширенная вселенная + Новый Канон • VIII.17 AFE • VIII.35 ABY
Новости

Мы раньше так не делали, но всегда можно начать. С Днем рождения, Уэс Янсон!

Разыскивается
Армитаж Хакс

Ищем генерала, гения, популярного политика, звезду пропаганды и любителя доминировать над этим миром.

Ора Джулиан

Ищем майора КорБеза, главного по агрессивным переговорам с пиратами, контрабандистами и прочими антигосударственными элементами.

Карта
Цитата
Уэс Янсон

— Ты замужняя женщина,
— машинально шутит Янсон в ответ на ее команду раздеваться.
— Твой муж меня пристрелит.
У него целая куча вопросов.
Он догадывается, что они делают и зачем, но...
Но Винтер сказала «быстро», и Уэс подчиняется.

Star Wars Medley

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Star Wars Medley » Завершенные эпизоды » Альтернатива » [AU] Without me you would be dead

[AU] Without me you would be dead

Сообщений 361 страница 380 из 380

https://i.postimg.cc/mgkfMGNS/tumblr-ol3iv3-Fv9-O1qzuwh0o4-r1-400.gif

Cassian Andor, Kay Tooesso

Время: 11 BBY
Место: in a galaxy far, far away
Описание: Cassian is old enough to start helping out on missions, but apparently he isn’t old enough to do it on his own.

the timeline

10.V — Cassian is assigned to be Kay’s trainee
11.V — Kay and Cassian get their first mission and discuss how to approach it. Sometime later that day they go to Uquine.
20.V — a woman comes to them with a job, “a simple fishing tool which can provide access to internal messages of any network it’s implemented into.” They suspect she’s from a cell. (And she is from a fake one.)
21.V — in the morning after finishing the job they talk about why Cassian things the Empire is bad. Cassian passes the finished job back to the woman. Kay tinkers with commlinks turning them into GPS, and in the evening they both go to a (rebel) talk at a cantina called Low Deck. There are people watching them at the cantina. Kay gets thoroughly drunk, and Cassian has to drag him home. The apartment didn’t get searched as Kay thought it would.
22.V — Kay tasks Cassian with asking around about the people who watched them in the cantina the day before. Cassian learns from his friends that there are two cells, one is fake, the other is not.
25.V — a twi’lek and a woman (from a real cell) ambush Kay and Cassian on their home from a grocery store. They demand explanation about Cassian asking around risky question a few days ago. Turns out, the rebels know the woman, Marani, too. Cassian and Kay learn that Marani was about to switch sides when she was killed—right after she collected their work. Kay is forced to show the twi’lek his slave marks so the rebels would let them both go. Finally, they exchange contacts.
26.V — Kay suddenly leaves Cassian alone and goes looking for the Imperial cell.
27.V — The next day the fake cell comes and searches the apartment while Cassian is out.
29.V — a man (Elek), saying he’s from a local rebel cell, comes to Cassian with a job, he wants a simple decoding program.
30.V — Not succeeding in his endeavour, Kay returns to the apartment where he left Cassian. They exchange the news. Cassian explains what he did while Kay was absent and they come to the conclusion that their landlord is a part of the game, possibly helping the fake cell. They contact the rebel cell and learn that they got searched by the fake cell. Kay infects the datadisk Cassian is going to give their new client (Elek) from the day before with a virus to learn their hiding spot.
31.V — Cassian goes to pass the datadisk to the client (Elek). His task is to get intel but instead he gets kidnapped by Elek. Mist Osh (the landlord) paralyzes and kidnaps Kay. Cassian escapes.
32.V — Together with local rebels Cassian frees Kay, they kill Elek and Mist. After welcoming local rebels to the bigger Rebellion, Cassian and Kay go back to the rebel base. In the evening Kay asks Draven to reassign him, but Draven refuses.
33.V — Kay low-key tortures Cassian to teach him a lesson. Under torture Cassian tells Kay that the name of the girl he likes is Thea. Kay suggests Cassian should go to therapy and work through his issues caused by being an orphan on Fest and then an orphan on the rebel base.
34–35.V + Fruitfulness Day + 1–6.VI — Kay is training Cassian at the rebel base.
7.VI — Kay and Cassian get a new mission. They are tasked with getting intel from one of the rebel informants at Coruscant.
10.VI — Kay and Cassian arrive to Coruscant.

[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://s7.postimg.cc/akubc07uz/Chiwetel_Ejiofor.jpg[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Kay Tooesso</b>, <br>Alliance intelligence officer[/LZ]

Отредактировано K-2SO (16-09-2021 10:10:25)

“Simply?” Kay steals another glance at the holotable.
Ashmead’s Lock is a starship, meaning, they can’t just run as they would on a planet, they will need a vessel to get off of it. It is a starship in the middle of nowhere, meaning, they can’t just fly to the nearest planet because the nearest planet to the Ashmead’s Lock is several parsecs away and one cannot simply travel all that distance unnoticed. So they would require something with a hyperdrive which significantly lowers the amount of available vessels. The rumor has it that all the Lock’s prisoners are in stasis, meaning, the moment they get general Draven he’ll be of little help, disoriented and possibly malnourished. And they would require a ship for three to be able to get off of the prison.
How Cassian imagines they start a prison riot in a prison which is essentially just a big fridge full of semi-alive bodies, is beyond Kay.
“I still vote for intercepting the ship that’ll come for him to carry him to Coruscant for the beheading.” That was Kay’s original plan up until the moment he said they’d have to wait another week from now. Cassian looked like he couldn’t wait another second, much less five full days. He even donned his stolen imperial uniform to get into the character. Kay appreciated the method acting approach but dreaded the consequences of his young friend’s perpetual impatience. “You’re too young for this, Cassian, they will know it’s a ruse. They’re droids but they’re not stupid. And there’s bound to be some commanding officer or even several to oversee the droids. Just one comm from them to the ISB and they will know for sure. Reconsider before it’s too late.”
Kay is fully prepared to get into the prison with Cassian and help him in any way he can, but through all their years together it was his mild complaining and questioning of every plan devised by Cassian that allowed them to live long enough to see this moment. That—and sometimes his brute force or intelligence, whatever Kay deemed more applicable in any given trouble they got themselves into. More often than not it was the brute force.
Kay looks at Cassian awaiting his decision. The energy shackles are on the holotable, and Kay will put them on and act as one more freshly delivered prisoner if Cassian really, truly cannot wait. Just because if Kay doesn’t, and his young friend goes there alone, he will join Draven for sure. Getting two dumbass rebels out of the Ashmead’s Lock is too much effort even for Kay.
[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://i.postimg.cc/LhdxJ0fk/kay-2.jpg[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Kay Tooesso</b>, <br>doesn’t actually care about your Rebellion, but has to pretend he does, because Cassian[/LZ]

Отредактировано K-2SO (29-08-2021 17:43:14)

+1

"I'm not too young," he snaps knowing that it proves anything but the fact he is seasoned enough to ignore comments about his age.
He sighs.
"We've been doing it for 8 years. At this point I'm not too anything for nothing. Besides, don't you think in a week the Empire would be waiting for us? There are few survivors of the first Death Star attack. He is important, we know it, they know it. We'll have no chance if we wait that long."
Cassian knows he is right. But his words don't sound as an explanation; it's a mere excuse. 
He should go alone. It's too dangerous for Kay. The Empire doesn't forget. The moment the recognizes him will be the end for both of them. It's too cruel as well to put him in the shackles again after all this years. Even for a time, even for a mission. Even for the general Draven. But their chances with him are better and Cassian doubts he would choose to stay behind anyway.
"Next time we do as you told," he promises. "Look, if you think I won't pull this off let's switch. I'll be the prisoner, and you act as an officer. If that's what you worries about, my lack of experience with pretending to be someone I'm not. If it's about the fact that he knows who you are... Come on, after eight years no one cares. You are a rebel, whether you like to admit it or not. You're one of us. We are crushing the Empire one mission at a time. And now is the time. We'll be fine. We go in,  we find him, we take him, we get out of there. As simple as that."[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/628110.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]

+1

Cassian predictably bristles the moment Kay mentions his age. His arguments are solid and valid, and he is quite possibly right about the Empire expecting them, but it doesn’t mean Kay necessarily likes this wild plan any more. Neither does he like being called a rebel. The moment kid calls him that, Kay winces, still refusing to call himself anything. He switched sides too many times to deserve to be called anything specific. Deserters don’t get to do that, and so far no one was able to convince him otherwise. Not even Cassian.
Whenever they happen to find any other rebels, Kay still feels alien among them, feels like a threat that everyone is being very polite about but also understands. Even the new rebels, however few there are, seem to look at him in that very specific way as if they know what he has been through, and they do not approve. Kay doesn’t need their approval, thankfully.
“As simple as that,” he echoes Cassian’s words. “Alright. If I wake up to your beheading, I will be pissed and you’ll have a lot of explaining to do in a very short time.”
It sounds gruff but amicable. Kay always says something about the worst possible outcome of any given mission, and to someone who doesn’t know him, sounds quite frustrated by every single plan that has ever been devised by Cassian. Yet he is also the only person who supports the kid in anything he concocts in his smart rebel brains, no matter what. Over the past eight years Kay learned how to maneuver Cassian Andor in such a way as to help the kid accomplish his goals but also not get killed or worse.
Kay steps closer to the shackles, hesitates for the briefest of moments, and then puts them on. Once they are secured around his wrists, he turns to Cassian and looks him over just one more time.
“Make sure to get me before they inject the nasty stuff in my blood. Otherwise you’re alone in this.”
When he steps on the stolen Imperial ship they acquired a couple of systems away from here, something in him changes almost imperceptibly. His face, usually calm and collected, turns into stone. His eyes become colder, crueler. He sits like he simultaneously owns the entire ship and is disgusted by the seat he’s strapped in and wants nothing to do with it. Kay Tooesso of the kind who got caught by this young Imperial officer is a deserter, a traitor, a war criminal, someone whom the Empire would be glad to lock away in the most secure prison, and he makes damn sure to look like he deserves it.
[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://i.postimg.cc/LhdxJ0fk/kay-2.jpg[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Kay Tooesso</b>, <br>doesn’t actually care about your Rebellion, but has to pretend he does, because Cassian[/LZ]

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/628110.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]It's impossible to find his face, or name, or special features in imperial database or warrants which is considered and proclaimed a miracle by many. That miracle might have a name and might be scowling on their way to the prison ship. Cassian doesn't promise he won't be beheaded. Neither he doesn't remind Kay he could stay behind. Because he couldn't, not really, and Cassian is grateful for that. He is adult enough to know that having someone to stay with you no matter how stupid and reckless plan you are following is rare and priceless privilege. Sometimes he remembers how safe he felt when he was a child and wonders if he imagined it. There's nothing safe in the world. And it has never been. Perhaps the more you grow up the more you know you can't be safe but can make someone else believe they are. So now he is going to make sure Kay is safe. He is going to make sure the general is safe too. There's nothing to discuss here.
So Cassian stays silent.
They reach the starship in half an hour. Cassian knows what to expect, but still shivers under his skin when he hears generated emotionless voice asking his name and reason to be here. It may ask a code as well. It doesn't look like this but it is the most important, pivotal point of the mission. Cassian doesn't have a code. No one does. Intellectual Processing Unit, the artificial mind of the prison, who speaks with him, might ask it. Then he'll have a chance to escape and everything will be over.
"Joreth Sward, bringing a prisoner in. Kay Tooesso."
He waits. If they calculated correctly, any officer on board will override the IPU protocol to get their hands on the most famous deserter of all time. The one who up to this point escaped the wrath of his previous owners.
"You must enter a co... Landing is granted. Proceed to the docking port 3. You will be expected."
Cassian wants to look back at Kay. But he only thinks of smirking. There will be time for that later.
They are expected. A small procession of four officers. There’s no need for more than that on a ship like this. Which means he could just free Kay and together they kill all four. But the real danger is IPU. People mean nothing. If any people are a weak spot and whey they beam with joy of witnessing someone who dared to rebel falling down Cassian lets them have it. He shows them a well-blended mix of pride because he has caught Kay and relief because he doesn't responsible for keeping him anymore.
Kay is immobilized at once and taken away. And Cassian joins the procession, asking on their way to filling papers.
"My navigation acts funny. While we are dealing with the procedure, maybe one of you droids will take a look?"
The younger officer - he is still a good five years older than Cassian himself, but he looks so unbearably young - call a droid. Any will work, but this one is good, Cassian decides. It's relatively fast, well armored, inconspicuous enough. There must be a lot of mechanic droids here.
Good. It's good.
Two older officers exchange glances with each other but stay silent until they enter the chambers.
"How long does it act that way?"
"Prepare the IT. We are going to need it soon," orders the other one to their young colleague.
Cassian expected to be asked a lot of questions. Mostly about catching Kay, and bringing him, and staying alive, and being a lucky bastard whose career will bloom because of that. But not this.
"A week or so. Not a critical thing. Didn't stop me from catching our friend. Just had to do some extra math on my way to you."
It's too late, he thinks. They smelled a danger and Kay probably was right. And all he can do...
"Oh, and make sure Tooesso is still awake. There's no use in interrogating a piece of sleeping meet."
Kay. They are suspecting Kay, not him. Good, this gives him some time. But when he tries to start his story, the older officer just shrugs him off, "We'll take it from here. Puck," the last imperial, a silent one with calm face and dark eyes rises them. Those are not the good eyes. Not even real ones. Just two prosthetics with lines of code running across pupils. "Show him out. We have a lot of work to do."
Puck walks noiselessly and stays silent on the way.
"Didn't expect it to be so... casual."
Puck stays silent.
It's fine. Cassian is good with trying to get a brooding dangerous man engaged in a small talk. He had a lot of practice over these years.
"Is there something wrong?"
Puck stays silent.
"I mean, what he can do here? Wake up prisoners and let them go free? Where would they go? We are on a ship."
"Into the Void," suddenly Puck says.
"What? Why?"
"They are not just prisoners, they are batteries. This prison in self-efficient, because it uses the energy generated by prisoners."
He looks at Cassian, who doesn't even have to pretend to look impressed. He didn't know this. Only the general, then, or else they will crush.
"So you don't have to be worried at all," he says.
Puck nods but walks faster now. They need more time, Cassian thinks. The droid in his ship should be bugged now, but he needs time to spread it through the system and to make all droids here go mad.
It's a good thing Puck walks faster, Cassian thinks and kills him with a blaster bolt to the back. There's no one around. Other three officers must be busy. No one could see them. But something flickers for the last one time in Puck's eyes before they shot down. Yet he feels that something just went profoundly wrong. Still he turns back. he has to do a lot in a very short time.
He hears someone's muffled scream somewhere far away.
And then the chaos starts.

Отредактировано Cassian Andor (23-02-2021 13:48:41)

+1

Stupid idiots almost shine with joy the moment they lay their eyes on him. They have never met, or Kay doesn’t remember their faces or their names — which means they have never met before, because Kay always remembers — and yet every single Imperial is exhilarated to be here today. Who could have thought they could catch him after all these years. Who could have thought it would take him to catch himself for them in order for this moment to take place. Kay doesn’t say it. He savors his sarcasm in the intimacy of his mind.
The first thing they do is they immobilize him which is a very smart decision. Kay can still look around alright, but looking isn’t going to do him any good if he can’t move other parts of his body. His is taken care of by the medical droid. Not allowing humans in this part of the process is an equally smart decision. Kay hates it immediately. Human he could’ve intimidated, made curious, made angry, or everything at once. Droid — what can he possibly do with a droid? They don’t have emotions. They don’t get scared, not really. Not medical ones. So Kay just stares at the thing as it does its job.
Cassian will do his job, too. He must. What if the kid decides to trade him for his precious general? No, no, that’s not Cassian. It would be a miracle if they leave this place with just the general. If Cassian had it his way, half of this prison would go free — that is how many inhabitants committed a serious yet simple crime of defying the Empire. Not all of them are rebels or would like to be rebels, for sure. But some, like general Draven, are.
Kay thinks of this instead of thinking of the concoction that the medical droid prepares for him. It seems peculiar to him. The droid clearly doesn’t get the medicine from the drawers that get the most use. Instead it gets vials from a different cabinet. What is this? Did they decide to euthanize him here and now? Is this the level of his dangerousness to the Empire? This cannot be. Surely, he can’t be more dangerous than Davits Draven. He doesn’t lead anyone, he doesn’t inspire anyone, he doesn’t — Kay feels a pang of fear so strong it makes him stop breathing for a few moments.
The death misses him by a few centimeters. The meddroid swings to the side in an uncontrollable turn of events and bumps itself against a wall until its pretty high-tech brains go flying all over Kay. The meddroid’s arm is still holding the syringe with whatever it wanted to inject Kay with. That’s one way to go, he thinks, breathing again. His body is still numb from the sting of a paralyzer, but it’ll only get better from here. It doesn’t feel like they were looking to keep him paralyzed for a long time. More like twenty minutes tops.
Kay starts trying to turn his head to look around. His neck is stiff. The droid is done and switched off. That’s good. He himself is still strapped into the repulsor cot they used to carry him here. That’s not good. How does one undo the straps? There are controls for the cot on the side, but there is no way Kay can reach them with any of his fingers, or anything else at all. Okay. Fine. Not controls, then. Kay looks around more but his search proves fruitless. So he has to resort to the last thing any sane person would do — he starts rolling side to side in the hope of making the cot lose its balance and bump into anything or, better yet, let him go — even if it would mean going face-down on the floor. Cassian better hurry up.
[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://i.postimg.cc/LhdxJ0fk/kay-2.jpg[/icon][sign][/sign][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Kay Tooesso</b>, <br>doesn’t actually care about your Rebellion, but has to pretend he does, because Cassian[/LZ]

+1

[icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][status]odds? what odds?[/status][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]Cassian mostly hears droids and havoc they are spreading. But what he hears impresses him nonetheless. There's screeching, and scraping, and zapping somewhere on the ship. Somewhere inside it.
He can't let himself be distracted. Remaining officers might be busy, but there is always IPU. Right now it's strangely quiet, but it doesn't mean anything. It's busy with droids too, that's it.
Cassian studied everything they could find on the prison, so he knows where he follows. He needs to get to the control system of the ship. His original plan was to let everyone out, so they create additional distraction or run away too. But Ashmead’s Lock will crush without its prisoners. And that means he has to find the general and then to wake him up.
The door to the controls is open. Cassian is ready to take a shot, but there's no one inside. He locks the door and then checks cameras. He quickly finds the remaining officers. Or their remains at least. There's a cleaning droid routinely doing his job. It means not every droid is bugged. Some are still doing their job. Somehow it makes Cassian try the door once more. Locked. Good.
IPU is till silent but while he looks through the prison logs he notices something is spreading through the vent. Whatever it is, it's slow, and Cassian decides to ignore it. IPU must be busy with droids, so he is left to silently do his job here. There's a lot of prisoners here, and he keeps searching trying not to think that he might be late. The general is not here. Everything was in vain. He better find Kay and...
The shudder is not physical yet it is so sudden Cassian feels it. He flinches and scowls. The system went mad. It switches on and off, leaving parts of the ship without any energy. It may be IPU trying to lock down droids. It may be something else. It doesn't matter, because Cassian sees a name and a number he was looking for. Finally.
Cassian smiles.
It's even easier. There's no energy, therefore, there're no working locks.
He finds Kay on camera and leaves his retreat. It's terribly silent outside. There're droids powered down on his way, there are holes and dents on the durasteel walls. There are shots and explosions somewhere on the ship.
But there's also Kay.
"We need the cot," he says.
Then after a small pause asks, "Are you okay?"

+1

Kay looks up from the cot, which is floating silently on the same spot. Turns out, one really can’t get out of this thing on their own. By now Kay’s body is less paralyzed and more just aching, it’s a slow but menacing kind of pain. He grumbles, “Just peachy. Get me out.”
Once freed from his restraints, Kay first sits up and takes a moment to breathe before he gets fully up. He sways on his feet for a few moments but then shakes his head and plants his feet solidly on the durasteel floor.
“I’m fine. Just give me a second. Nasty stuff, those paralyzers they have here.”
It takes him about ten seconds to feel like a functional human being, despite cramps in his legs and his body buzzing with ache. He’ll just have to shake it off on their way out of here. If Cassian is here and they need the cot, it means he found his precious general. Good. Kay slowly walks towards the cabinets and opens all of them up, meticulously searching through every drawer and every shelf. They don’t know in what state the general is going to be, but there’s bound to be something here that can potentially help the guy to feel more like himself and less like a piece of a frozen meat.
Kay drops several packs of bacta on the cot, a bunch of vials the labels on which he recognizes, some syringes. This will do. Finally, he turns to Cassian, still more leaning on the cot — it takes his weight effortlessly, thanks to the high-grade repulsors — than truly standing on his own.
“We can go. Whatever condition he’s in, this should be enough to revive him. Lead the way, kiddo. I’ll do my best to limp along.” He talks slowly, with his natural accent slipping through — damn paralyzer. But he can walk and he certainly still can think quick enough. This endeavor is far from over. Not until they are a few parsecs away from this abomination of a prison ship.
[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://i.postimg.cc/LhdxJ0fk/kay-2.jpg[/icon][sign][/sign][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Kay Tooesso</b>, <br>doesn’t actually care about your Rebellion, but has to pretend he does, because Cassian[/LZ]

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]Kay should just lie down on the cot and stay still. Cassian doesn't say it aloud. They don't have time for arguing.
"IPU is switching the energy down. I think it tries to fight and detain droids, but... One of the Imps told me the ship uses the energy that's generated from prisoners. It flies on human batteries. If there ain't enough prisoners, we'll crush. And some locks don't work anymore. So."
There are marks of the ship's system battling droids everywhere, but none of droids or there remains whatsoever. Cassian still holds his blaster. He aims as soon as there is a slight movement on the corner of his eye. It's not a droid. A prisoner. Disoriented, tired, there's a black holes under his eyes, and everything in him is swaying. He tries to say something, but just hums. He is no danger to them.
"I think we are better off just knocking him unconscious and fixing him on our way back."
Cassian passes by the r=prisoner. He is not the prisoner they are looking for, and this time he can't say everyone. As usual.
"Turn left," he says. Then, "Now right."
Kay seems fine, but he always looks fine, even when he barely can stand or is bleeding out. Looks mean nothing when it comes to Kay.
He stops abruptly near the pod.
"We are here."
The door is closed, but the lock is off.
"He is here."

+1

A ship that is powered by sentient beings. Without their consent, or, Kay’s pretty sure, even full knowledge. He’d like to say he’s surprised, but he isn’t. It terrifies him regardless. Before the ship came to be, someone had to come up with its design. Someone had to calculate how many beings it would take to power this monstrosity. Did that person believe in the Empire? Did they believe that condemning someone to something like this is just and fair? These are the questions Kay would probably like to leave unanswered.
He just kriffing hates this place even more.
Kay walks behind Cassian. He’d prefer to walk ahead, but the kid is in a better condition than he is, and the kid is also the one with the blaster. And the kid isn’t a kid anymore, but this part Kay always leaves out. To him, Cassian will forever be a kid, a teenager — if not by looks then by heart for sure. They walk past the disoriented prisoner, past the marks on the walls, past some destroyed droids, but there is nothing that tries to harm them all the way to the pod that contains Davits Draven.
Davits Draven looks old. It’s the first thing that strikes Kay about him, here. They get him out and onto the cot, carefully arranging all the medical stuff around him. Kay still aches like hell, but there is nothing about him that is telling. Fixing the general on the ship sounds like a brilliant idea, and it’s what they’ll do. Kay just checks his vitals now, listens to his breath, to his low heartbeat. The general is fine. Well, physically. Stars know how he’ll feel mentally when they wake him up on their ship, leaving this place as fast as they possibly can.
“You think he’d want to return to being, well, rebel general?” Kay asks suddenly when they turn another corner and stops.
On the far end of it there is some skirmish between droids and freed prisoners, those of them that can stand on two legs and aren’t helplessly disoriented. Kay looks at Cassian. This better not be the only way to the ship. They better have time for a slight detour. Kay can walk, sure. He isn’t so certain he can run.
[nick]Kay Tooesso[/nick][status]what are the odds[/status][icon]https://i.postimg.cc/LhdxJ0fk/kay-2.jpg[/icon][sign][/sign][LZ]<div class="lz-container"><a href="http://swmedley.rusff.ru/viewtopic.php?id=75#p815">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><p><b>Kay Tooesso</b>,<br>doesn’t actually care about your Rebellion, but has to pretend he does, because Cassian </p></div>[/LZ]

Отредактировано K-2SO (09-03-2021 22:29:38)

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]"Would you?"
Cassian stops for a moment. The prisoners are outnumbered, weak, they may be a good bait, a way to sneak out, but they won't buy them a lot of time. Part of him hates thinking that way, being cold-blooded and not even thinking about helping prisoners anymore. But he doesn't have time for that either.
Being a spy is mostly being able to make hard, yet right choices, and being okay with it. Right now he chooses another way. Fighting is loosing time. And loosing time is luxury right now.
They are lucky. The only droid they see is heads to the fight and barely pay any attention. Is that because he still has imperial uniform on? Or is the system trying to save itself and keep as many batteries as it can? Doesn't matter. The way is clear. Their ship is waiting.
"Even if he would," Cassian looks at the general. "I don't think he'll be able to. I mean, look at him. He will tell us where are blueprints, and that's it".
But when he looks again, he frowns. What will he say about the Resistance that was scrapped together after the Death Star? What will he think about Cassian? Will he trust Kay? Is he the person he was before.
Cassian decides he better think of man as of an information he must bring back on base. That will do. At least, for now.
"We're almost there. We will make it, Kay. A couple of minutes more, and we'll get out."

+1

“There isn’t a leadership bone in my body, kiddo. I’d make a terrible general.”
This isn’t an answer, and it’s also a lie, Kay knows, but he also knows that speculating doesn’t really matter. Draven will wake up and decide for himself, that’s just a thing that he does. That’s the thing that he so inadvertently passed onto Cassian as well, as Kay came to know over the years. The more he looked at the kid, the more he thought that, actually, Draven passed many things to him—or maybe he just picked the one Festian child that was alike to himself.
So they walk again. The droids here seem more concerned with other prisoners. Maybe it’s Cassian’s uniform that shoos them away, maybe it’s the programming, maybe they’re just not that smart. Kay doesn’t care. He nods at the reassuring words and just keeps walking, one step at a time. The closer they get to the ship, the better he feels. By the time they enter the hangar he can almost dance.
On the ship Kay collapses on one of the pilot’s seats, breathes heavily. World goes blinking like it’s some sort of a party and he’s the unwilling participant. The adrenalin of the mission seeps out immediately, and with it—his dancing mood. However, there isn’t time for this, so Kay pulls himself together, moves his hand across his face and starts preparing ship for the takeoff. They need to get off of this prison as soon as possible, before it starts collapsing even more, and Cassian right now can do a better job at standing upright than Kay.
Also he thinks the kid might want some time alone with his kin. And Davits is kin to Cassian, no matter what the documents say. There are things that go deeper than blood. Kay would know.

Отредактировано K-2SO (29-08-2021 20:57:15)

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]Kay looks better. Then he looks worse.
It's typical. There is an emergency source of power somewhere inside him. The one he can switch on and off as he likes. Kay claims it's just the adrenalin, but Cassian had seen people acting on it. No, what Kay is working on is his willpower and smashing stubbornness. The latter Cassian is particularly fond of, because he likes to think Kay picked this stubbornness from him.
As fond of Kay and their almost successful mission as he is, Cassian is still collected. He remembers what the imp said. They will go into the Void. They probably have already set their route there. So, it's time to leave.
He looks back at the cot with the general. His vitals were stable. He can wait, although Cassian wants so bad to see him, to see that he is stable and fine. Well, fine comparing to him being dead. Cassian sighs and sits on his seat. He can't dump piloting on Kay, not when he is like this. So he stays, he checks tumblers and switches.
The prison system might do something, but it doesn't. Perhaps, it's too busy with saving itself from destruction. Leaving is easy, jump to the hypes is almost gentle.
"We did it."
Cassian grins.
"We really did. Who'd know. You good, Kay?"
He is not, but he doesn't look like he is dying. At this point, Cassian knows that look too good to miss it.
But he is better to stay seated.
"I'll go and check on the general. He may be starting to wake up."

+1

They did it. Hyperspace stretches around their ship, and they did it. Kay slumps back in his seat, completely spent. Of course, his experience in this prison, however brief, was far less pleasant than Cassian’s, but that has always been the point. If he could shield Cassian from something, he always did. The kid has turned his whole life around, and this was the least he could do in return.
Kay nods, “I’m fine. I’ll keep an eye on the ship for a while. Come find me when you’re done.”
He smiles briefly and watches Cassian go, before closing his eyes. The ship’s gonna be fine. All of them will be now. He can rest, if only for a bit.

+1

The last thing that Davits remembers is meddroid injecting him with a paralyser agent and then with a sedative. Not that it was necessarily needed given that he was restrained, beaten up and tired, but such was the procedure of being welcomed to the flying abomination of a prison called the Ashmead’s Lock. The first thing that he sees is the ceiling of a ship. It looks like an Imperial ceiling, but he could be wrong because his head is spinning, his ears are drumming, and he feels like throwing up. Which he promptly does, right there on the floor next to his flying cot.
His mind races — is he being transported somewhere? To his execution, finally? Davits remembers an Imperial prosecutor vehemently promising him he’d wish he was dead after the judge — also very much Imperial — announced his sentence. He still stubbornly doesn’t, because being dead is too final and he has things to do. The ship around him is definitely Imperial, but he sees no stormtroopers, no officers, it’s too empty and too quiet, save for the voices from the pulpit. Disoriented and frail, Davits can barely understand the language so the voices do nothing for him except letting him know he’s not alone. Well, of course he isn’t. Ships don’t fly themselves the last time he checked, although the last time he checked was stars know how long ago so things might’ve changed.
Davits does his best to sit up but only manages to nearly fall off the cot, his muscles long unused. Every move is like trying to lift a mountain. In this state the best he can hope for is to talk his guards to death. The thought makes him chuckle under his breath when he tries to sit upright again.

[LZ]<div class="lz-container"><a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=438#p29855">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><p><b>Davits Draven</b>, used to be a rebel general, then became an energy potato</p></div>[/LZ]

Отредактировано Davits Draven (16-09-2021 13:39:45)

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]Cassian smiles to Kay before leaving. He stalls for a moment before going to the gerenal. He breathes in, then out. All is good. He is alive. He will be fine. He wasn't tortured, he was just out for a very long time. It's like waking up from a long nightmare. He is not - really - damaged. He will be fine.
They all will be fine. One way or another.
When he enters, the air smells like bile. His body is waking up. It takes some time to become fully alive after you've spent years being barely alive. It's okay.
"Hey," Cassian says.
He rushes to help the general sit.
"You are safe now. Safe. It's the middle of 16 FGE. You've been out for about eight years. Do you know who I am?"
Just in case, he takes the imperial cap that was still on his head. He wants to answer, as well. To tell all the news, to brief him about everything that he has done. He'd do it, was he still a teenager, eager to impress his older friend. But he is not anymore, and he has to check if Draven remembers anything.
"Do you know who you are? What is the last thing you remember?"

+1

Someone rushes to help him, and Davits lets them, even grabs the lapel of their Imperial uniform. If he was just a bit stronger right now, that could have been a fatal choice for the Imperial. However, Davits is as strong as a felinx kitten, and he’s sure the Imperial barely even notices his gesture. The Imperial’s voice sounds vaguely familiar, and then more familiar when he keeps talking, and then Davits manages to concentrate and just look at his face. The face is familiar and gives him a pause. Because if there is one thing that Davits knows about this world, it’s that Cassian Andor would have never became an Imperial officer. Not if it meant saving his life, not if it meant following his love, not if it meant anything. Cassian was born a separatist and raised on a rebel base. It’s the last face Davits has ever expected to see upon waking up. This face means that this isn’t an Imperial ship. This face means that the Rebellion lives on.
“It worked,” Davits says, his voice hoarse and barely audible. He doesn’t care because this remark isn’t for Cassian. It’s for Cracken, and wherever in the Force he is, Davits is sure the old friend is smiling his most shiteating, obnoxious smile.
There are things that you come up with, and they sound positively insane. But then you go to your friend, and together you wrack your brains, work out possible outcomes, analyse, brainstorm and decide that it’s not that insane of an idea after all. It’s a good contingency plan if something goes wrong. Then, of course, the Death Star appears at your door and completely obliterates almost everything you came to know and love while being in the Rebellion, your friend included, but it’s an entirely different story. The one he’s riding the aftershocks of right now. The cabin just about stops spinning uncontrollably, and Davits feels a bit more like a normal human being.
“Are you alone? What... how long have I been out, you said?”

[LZ]<div class="lz-container"><a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=438#p29855">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><p><b>Davits Draven</b>, used to be a rebel general, then became an energy potato</p></div>[/LZ]

Отредактировано Davits Draven (16-09-2021 13:39:33)

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]The gerenal grabs him - well, tries to. Then he remembers. He doesn't answer questions, and Cassian should push, but he doesn't. Instead, he lets go and return with a tube of energy gel and a small metal bowl of this ice flakes. It will help him to think and to talk better.
He should push. Draven could be brainwashed in order to be useful to the Empire, even if he is saved. But there was a flair of scare at first. And he grabbed him before remembering who he is. He was afraid it is an imp ship.
He is fine.
He will be, eventually.
"Eight years ago, the Death Star destroyed our home base. You've disappeared around this time. So, I guess, you've slept for eight years. More or less. Kay is with me. We are heading to another base. It's small. Nothing like we had before. But we had to downsize everything and to move often. This way we have more chances to live until we know what to do with the Death Star. It's the station that blew up our..."
He falls silent, remembering. It's easy. He sees that first shot often when he sleeps. He will see it even after the Death Star is long gone. Some things just stay, whether they are a real threat or just a mean grin from the past.
"We were rushing to tell you about it. But we were late."
They were barely alive, too. It doesn't matter anymore.
"Anyway, the Rebellion - well... rebellions, Alliance - is alive and strong. But we need your help. When you are better, of course."
He gives a quick look.
Damn, he looks old. Old and hurt. Shattery.
"How are you feeling, sir?"

+1

The Empire is built on the idea of its own infallibility and almost unlimited power, and every single one of its minions firmly believes in it. Of course, it does look like it, when it comes to things like the Death Star, the name that Cassian so mundanely explains without, perhaps, realising how many times Davits heard it while being prosecuted behind the closed doors eight years ago. However, there is one thing that the Empire never accounts for. The bonds forged between sentients. These bonds are invisible and might seem unimportant from Coruscant, yet these same bonds make the Death Star pale in comparison. The Death Star is a space station, ergo a thing that could potentially be destroyed with weapons, the right bunch of sentients, their ingenuity and a bit of luck. It’s a threat, yet it’s too material. Bonds between the right sentients, on the other hand, no weapon can destroy. The more one tries to unlink the two parts of a bond, the more they fuse together, and this togetherness births something equally beautiful and deadly for the foes. The only question is to find the right pair of sentients. And then more, and then more, until there is an entire Rebellion.
Of course, Kay is with Cassian. The news don’t surprise Davits, he just nods here and there, tries to move his legs off the cot to sit normally. His body feels old and tired, so very tired, but his mind is suddenly clear. He takes what Cassian is giving him, carefully thinking through what he just heard. The energy gel tastes like nothing, just a slimy thing filling his mouth, but after being unconscious for so long even it feels and tastes amazing. Tastes like freedom. Even his nausea subsides almost immediately.
“Like I woke up from a particularly bad dream which looked like it would never end. I feel better than I look. At least my mind does, and that’s the most important bit of me for now. There are things that I would like to learn more about, but first I should thank you both for the rescue. When I put you to work together back then, I expected an interesting outcome yet never something as outrageous as this. You did good, Cassian. Was it your idea or was it the Alliance’s idea?”
It sounds like Davits is talking about the rescue when he praises Cassian, yet there is something, a spark in his eyes that he is too weak to hide properly right now. It’s a spark that would be familiar to a good sabacc player or a racing enthusiast, to someone who bets on something big time and then sees it pay off. Not that Davits has ever expected the Empire to build something like the Death Star. He always thought they fought more reasonable foe than that, but alas. The main thing is that his bet on Cassian’s character turned out to be the winning one in the most unexpected and delightful way.

[LZ]<div class="lz-container"><a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=438#p29855">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><p><b>Davits Draven</b>, used to be a rebel general, then became energy potato</p></div>[/LZ]

+1

[status]odds? what odds?[/status][icon]https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0018/1a/00/59/335041.gif[/icon][LZ]<a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=195#p10955">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><b>Cassian Andor</b>, rebel[/LZ]He should just nod. He should say it doesn't matter whose idea was it. The mission's success is good information, a good planning, a good idea and a bit of common sense. He couldn't do it without other sentients. He should ask about the Death Star. He should do a lot of things.
He doesn't.
Instead, Cassian smiles and swallows down the fear he suddenly feels. Mission could fail. They were lucky, again. He could never see the general again.
It's so easy to be happy when you are a part of the Alliance. The simplest things like seeing a person who raised you makes you so, so happy.
"The rescue mission was mine. But it's not just me. Everybody was looking for you. For years. With or without me you would be free again. We don't leave behind people who started everything."
They do, but it doesn't matter. Cassian wants to say so much more. A childish impulse to show off - "look at me, I am grown up, I am a rebel, I did good" - he halts. Draven needs to rest. Everything else can wait.
Everything but the proposition.
"You can choose, by the way. I can leave you at a safe planet, no one will find you, you'll just live. You did enough. You know it, right?"
Draven was suggesting the same to him. He said Cassian can choose, he doesn't have to stay, he has all his life ahead, and he owes the Rebellion nothing. Well, in Draven's case, the Rebellion owes him a lot. So it's only fair.
"Just answer some questions for me, and no one will even know that I managed to find you. No one will bother you, ever. We all owe you that."

Отредактировано Cassian Andor (16-09-2021 16:54:53)

+1

Cassian gives him exactly the answer Davits expected. Not the one he would’ve appreciated if he was the leader of the Rebellion nowadays, though. If it troubles him, he doesn’t show, because for a split second Cassian looks so extremely happy and youthful and proud of himself. They all work hard and they are trained to expect little to nothing in return, except for the hope of a better future. Yet sometimes, in the moments like this, they do get things in return. Cassian mentions others, but Davits is sure that if it wasn’t for him, others would have stopped the moment they discovered he’s at the Ashmead’s Lock. This rescue was a complete and utter insanity, and Davits loves it with all his heart. Loves it to the point of feeling, albeit only mentally, way more alive than he looks. You train them to always think practically yet they disobey you, but instead of feeling disappointment you feel gratitude. He will never be too old for this.
“The Empire will bother me. Not in the ‘let’s get you back to prison’ sense, but rather by its sheer existence.”
Despite his words, Davits smiles. It’s a calm smile, a bit tired but genuine. Stars, he hasn’t smiled for eight years. Even these muscles burn a little, but it’s a nice burn. Cassian seems to think, sincerely, mind you, that Davits has had enough. That he’d be content to retire to some quiet planet and live there, not touched by the constant struggle of standing up to the biggest bully the galaxy has ever seen. It’s an understandable wish. It’s also the wish Davits doesn’t have and will never have. His entire life he spent fighting one battle or another. Cassian was raised by rebels, and he is a rebel by heart, but he never had a choice. Even when he did — he didn’t, not really. You live with the wolves — you inevitably become one. Davits, on the other hand, always had a choice. He was also the one who defined what it was to be a wolf in the first place.
Davits slowly shakes his head and looks Cassian straight in the eye.
“No. You didn’t get me out of prison just so I could answer some questions for you. Don’t you dare think I’m too old for this, Cassian Andor. Just get me the comm and you’ll see — rebels never retire.”

[LZ]<div class="lz-container"><a href="https://swmedley.rusff.me/viewtopic.php?id=438#p29855">IDENTIFICATION CARD</a><div class="lz-hr"></div><p><b>Davits Draven</b>, forever rebel</p></div>[/LZ]

+1

Вы здесь » Star Wars Medley » Завершенные эпизоды » Альтернатива » [AU] Without me you would be dead